Get Our Insider to Property Damage Brochure
Hear From Past Clients
After I was in a work accident, a friend recommended these attorneys to me. Every time I called, they answered. I always had faith that we would win.
I was hurt in an accident and no other lawyer was willing to help me, but Dewey, Ramsay & Hunt showed up and showed out. Not only did this law
I was hurt when I was t-boned in a car crash. I was pleased with Brian Hunt’s professionalism; he handles his clients well and lets them know what’s going on.
I was in a car crash and I was referred to Dewey, Ramsay & Hunt by my chiropractor (Prosperity). I really liked how I was updated a lot; Maris really
I was rear-ended in a car crash and needed an attorney. I was referred to Dewey, Ramsay & Hunt by my chiropractor (Queen City). The service went well and quickly;
Charlotte Brain Injury Attorneys
Decades of Experience Handling Catastrophic Injury Claims
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can cause debilitating effects not only for the victim of the injury but also for his or her loved ones and family members. The impacts on your family can feel even more devastating when you know that the injury was caused by the careless acts of another person. If you, your spouse, your child, or another loved one suffered a catastrophic brain injury due to another person’s negligence, you could be able to recover compensation and hold the responsible parties accountable by filing a brain injury lawsuit. The Charlotte TBI attorneys of Dewey, Ramsay & Hunt, P.A. can assist you with the legal process while protecting your rights and fighting to maximize the value of your claim.
At our law firm, our knowledgeable team of TBI lawyers combines over a quar century of experience representing head injury victims in a wide array of cases ranging from auto accidents to medical malpractice. We work tirelessly to produce answers for you and your loved ones so that you can get the closure you need and the compensation you deserve. We may be able to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Contact us online or at (704) 377-3737 for a free legal consultation with our attorneys at our law offices. Our Charlotte personal injury attorney can conduct our services in English or Spanish per client request.
Types and Causes of Head & Brain Injuries
Brain injuries occur when the brain impacts the inner wall of the skull. This can occur if the victim is shaken violently, which may happen if the victim is involved in a fall or a car accident, or if the victim is struck by an object. The types include:
- Intercranial Bleeding: This is when the force of impact may be powerful enough to cause effects like swelling, bruising, and even bleeding inside the skull. These types of injuries to the brain can have devastating medical, emotional, and financial effects on the victim, who may lose the ability to live independently, further their career, or support their family.
- Closed Head Injury: Capable of inflicting catastrophic damage. This type of head injury is more difficult to detect, they may go untreated for a longer period of time.
- Penetrating Head Injury: Occurs when impact to the head cracks or fractures the skull. In a closed head injury, there is no obvious visible damage to the skull, which can lead to delayed diagnoses.
It is critical to seek urgent medical care after any sort of accident or head injury, even if the skull does not appear to be outwardly damaged.
Examples of brain and head injury claims our attorneys handle include the following:
- Brain Injury from Car Accidents
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Skull Fractures
- Slip and Fall Brain Injuries
- Sports Head Injuries
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Whiplash Brain Injuries
Effects of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
If you suspect that someone has suffered any type of brain injury, see a doctor immediately for evaluation. The warning signs of a brain injury can be delayed until the swelling in the brain has reached the point where the person notices symptoms – whether physical, mental, or emotional.
Examples of these effects may include the following, depending on factors like where the injury is located and how severe the injury is:
- Physical – Loss of balance, dizziness, headaches, nausea and vomiting, confusion, blurred vision, drowsiness
- Mental – Periods of disorientation, poor judgment, poor concentration, memory loss
- Emotional – Irritability, agitation, apathy, depression, aggressiveness, short temper, impatience, feelings of fear, sleep disturbances, appetite disturbances, general personality changes
Damage can be temporary or permanent, and may include weakness, loss of sensation, loss of coordination, loss of intellectual capacity, and paralysis.
Contact Our Charlotte Brain Injury Lawyers Today For A Free Consultation
Brain injuries that have caused more subtle damage with “softer” symptoms are often more difficult to discover and diagnose because they involve mental and neurological changes that are not visible. However, this type of damage can still impair an individual’s ability to work, interact with others, and control bodily functions. We have represented the victims of multiple concussions, including professional athletes, and understand how to build cases around these types of subtle yet life-altering injuries.
We don’t collect fees unless we collect your settlement. For injury legal advice you can trust, call our Charlotte brain injury attorneys at (704) 377-3737 for a free consultation today.